Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Drool List - Just kept growing

This is probably things that I can never afford to own but what the heck, dream is free. Mass produced kites simply can't matched these strokes of genius. New catalogs for single line don't really contain much new things, unlike stunts, parafoils or quads, at least technology wise. Worse, if my market is flooded with CN creations, or should I say copies.

Some people are creating ever bigger deltas. I share their passion, for owning unique kites. But delta is not  my kind of things. BTW, so is more lights on my kites. These pieces of flying artwork are. Watching these guys make me want to create some of my own. Kite-making supply guys, here is a customer waiting. But obviously, I can barely thread a needle, let alone the sewing, painting and designing that goes into these masterpieces.

The kite on the left is a creation by Michael Goddard. His site is at http://www.idesignkites.com/content/profile/profile.html.

The rokkaku on the right is from Bert Maetens
http://b-kites.blogspot.com/2010/11/holy-man.html

Perhaps you don't like my selection but hey, a lot more where these 2 beauties come from. Click on those links.

Tonight, I'll be travelling to meet these guys, flying their latest creations in a kite festival far away. I'll get to bring them back too. Please don't wake me from my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment